Sunday, June 20, 2010

CELEBRATING:

Bill (Anna's Dad), Terry (Russ' Dad)

These are two amazing men.  Both Russ and I have fathers that provided and loved for us growing up....and still do!!!  These men would do anything for us.....and I know that they will do the same for LUCY.  She will be one SPOILED little girl with these two around.  


Russ, Happy Father's Day to you.  While Lucy is not with us yet....she is already a part of us.  You will be an amazing Dad.  You love me so well so it will only be natural for you to love her well.  I cannot wait to see the two of you together.  I have dreamed of that image a million times...and I am getting closer to actually seeing it :) Thank you for making life more fun.

REMEMBERING:
Tom Cornelius "Pop" (Anna's grandfather)

Tom Burchfield "Granddaddy" (Anna's Grandfather)

"The most important thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother..." 
- Theodore Hesburgh

These two did that well.  They loved my grandmother's well.  I miss them both so much.  It still hurts to see my grandmother's missing them but am so thankful for their example. Both of their marriages taught me so much about what I wanted in a marriage.  They exhibited friendship, love, and servanthood...which Russ and I strive to keep in the forefront of our marriage.


Happy Father's Day.

No comments: