Wednesday, December 8, 2010

FedEx and Reality

Monday, Russ had a conversation with his co-workers about praying for the adoption. He didn't ask them to pray for a courtdate.....he asked them to pray that we would have a peace no matter when it happened.

I decided this week was THE WEEK that I would truly ASK God for a courtdate. In fact, Monday night I was talking to some friends telling them this. But, I also desired for it to be His timing not ours. I was beginning to feel balanced....truly wanting it but trusting as well.

Well, God's timing for us to receive a courtdate was Tuesday, December 7.

I was working at a co-workers house...knee-deep in paperwork trying to get a printer to do what I needed it to do. She told me my phone was ringing and I almost just let it ring but she met me in the hallway to hand it to me. I truly was NOT THINKING it would be our agency. When I saw 817.....I knew!!

FEBRUARY 4th is the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I left to go find Russ at the church....just knew he would be in staff meeting and I could rush in and surprise him. I had it all planned out in my head....soundtrack music playing in my head as if we were in a movie. Well, he had already left to mail our paperwork to update our fingerprints. When I finally got him on the phone.....we realized I had forgotten to tell him to SIGN the paperwork before he mailed it. We were both frustrated and all I could say was ..."you will be sorry in about 5 minutes." He headed back to FedEx.

I showed up at FedEx and had him open the piece of paper where I had written down two dates. Jan. 30 and Feb. 4. The date we have to be in-country and the courtdate.

We then had our own little celebration in the parking lot of FedEx...which is completely appropriate since we have spent so much time mailing off adoption documents :)

We are praying about staying in-country versus coming home between the two trips. Right now we are thinking we will stay. We have been blessed with flexible jobs and would LOVE to bond with our baby girl in Ethiopia. Anyone else have a courtdate around this time and staying???

We are beyond excited...and maybe just a little freaked out. I feel as though I just got pregnant and am going to deliver in less than two months. The reality of it not just being Russ and I anymore is setting in ....but we are so ready.

7 comments:

Brenda said...

YAAAAAHOOOOO!!!! So happy to read that you got your court date!!!!! Let me know if you have any packing/trip/where to stay questions!!!!

Brenda

Elora Ramirez said...

YESSSSS.....

chills & a huge smile the whole time i read this post. congrats, guys. :)

[if you do stay in between trips...i'd be interested in how it goes.]

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Hurray!! So happy for you guys! How awesome to finally have a date when you really get to go meet her!

Alison said...

YAY!!! Love that court date!! So excited for ya'll!!!!

The Rogers Family said...

Just found your blog today and let me just say that if there is any way possible that you can stay in country DO IT!! This past Spring, me, my husband, our 4 year old and our 2 year old spent just over 30 days in Ukraine while we were adopting our 13 year old. I don't know how long the stay is for Ethiopia, but if at all possible I would recommend it. It was a remarkable experience, one I will never forget nor do I regret any minute of it.

Laura said...

so happy you got your court date..we stayed between court and embassy let me know if you have questions lmt3195 at yahoo dot com

Unknown said...

Such great news! I'm glad to hear you think you can stay in country--what a great opportunity to be with her and to experience her home culture.

Kelly