Thursday, February 18, 2010

Finishing the race

My sweet granddaddy is dancing in heaven today.  He was the greatest man I knew.  He loved Jesus and couldn't wait to see Him.  No one wanted to see Jesus more than him and now he is.  Oh, I wish I could see that sight.  In my granddaddy's words, "I have claimed this verse the past couple of months and I think it has claimed me too."




"He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. I will say of the Lord, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust. Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence. He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler." Psalm 91:1-4




I wrote here: http://annaandruss.blogspot.com/2010/01/running-race.html about the race my granddaddy was running.  Well, he finished the race and he finished well. He accomplished his task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.  He was still sharing God's love in the hospital...witnessing to all that would listen :)  
Even though he knew his life could be towards the end, my sweet granddaddy still completely trusted in God. He knew the cancer could beat him but he fought the good fight, kept the faith, and finished his race.  I can hear God telling him now "well done my good and faithful servant."  

Acts 20:24 

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

2 Timothy 4:7

I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.


I love you granddaddy and miss you already.  I couldn't be more proud to be your granddaughter....ole Anna banana.




No comments: