Monday, February 1, 2010

Strength

***Note to you precious readers...the issue of perfection and "doing it all on my own" is something I work through on a daily basis.  These are just a few notes and things I have been learning and working through in the past couple of weeks. Thought I would share some of my random thoughts in hopes that they provide you with encouragement for today.

Strength.  This is the word God has been pouring on me the last couple of weeks.  Sometimes life just gets difficult...almost too much to bear.  Circumstances (or just the day to day) can leave you weary and exhausted.

When I have moments that are difficult in my life...my first thought is "What can I do to FIX this?"  or "What can I do to make sure everything is perfect and everyone is happy?"  Well,  those are great questions completely crazy questions....life is not always perfect, neat, tidy ....packaged with a bow on top.  I (we) cannot fix everything or everyone.  There is nothing that will suck the life out of us more than trying to control all of life's circumstances and outcomes .

We can survive on our own strength for a bit..then even that seems to disappear. My desire is to be a person that relies on Christ's strength instead of my own. So many times I continue to rely on my own strength instead of the only true ONE that can provide it.

 HE is our only true source of strength.  He will provide all the strength we need.  In any circumstance or situation.

There is no battle that He can't equip us to fight.  No mountain too tall or valley too wide.  We don't have to pull our ownselves up...He will do that for us :)


Psalm 46:10
""Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

2 Samuel 22:33
 "It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Psalm 18:32

"It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect."

Psalm 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble."

Psalm 73:26
"My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever."

Isaiah 40:29
"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak."

Daniel 10:19
"Do not be afraid, O man highly esteemed," he said. "Peace! Be strong now; be strong." When he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, "Speak, my lord, since you have given me strength."

Habakkuk 3:19
"The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to go on the heights."

No comments: