Wednesday, January 27, 2010

This Journey

So we've officially been waitlisted.  I know that's not a word, but it's where we are.

That means....we wait.

And to be honest, I'm ok with that.  We haven't had to wait very much since this process started.  Everything has moved so much faster than I thought it would, but honestly I've been thinking August or September would be the time she would get here, and if the "averages" pan out, then it could be that time.  There's too many variables for us to be sure of that, but nonetheless it's been a whirlwind.

A few months ago I was talking with a friend of mine about some passages in the book of Mark, and he kept commenting about how the disciples walked with Jesus every day, but there are so many accounts of them being blown away by what he'd done.  "You'd think they wouldn't be surprised by him after a few weeks..."

And throughout this entire process, there's at least one day per week where I wake up and think, "what the crap are we doing?  There is no way this can be of God."  Then he shows me that things are going to be ok.

This is going to sound like an exaggeration, but every time I get concerned about money, we get a check and a note from someone who says they support us.  Every single time I get fed up with waiting, we get news about how we're further along in the process.  Every single time I get concerned about reactions from people I'm close to, I get phone calls asking me how the process is going.

I know this isn't always true for everyone, and I know this almost sounds like false doctrine because I keep portraying God as Santa on steroids.  But this is how it's happened for us.  This is how it has come about for our daughter Lucy.  My life as a follower of Christ hasn't all been daisies and chocolate fountains and rainbow smiles, and this adoption journey has had its share of difficulties, but God has shown us over and over that He is good.  He is a part of this.

This I cannot deny.

Russ

2 comments:

Katie said...

Russ--so glad you posted this on fb so we can follow and pray with you all on your journey. Please know that this family thinks of you often!!!

Russ said...

katie,

I just got to thinking about all the people who probably didn't know about this road we've been on.

We think of your entire crew too. Hope ya'll are doing well.