Friday, March 21, 2008

Good Friday

Good Friday usually passes without me ever thinking about the significance. It was just another day that we got out of school. Two years ago some friends and I climbed a hill that overlooked Tupelo. We sat and prayed and thought of what Jesus must have felt as He was preparing to face His death. As He went to The Mount of Olives, He prayed and was so filled with agony that His "sweat fell to the ground like great drops of blood." He went on to say, "Father, if you are willing, please take this cup of suffering away from me. Yet I want your will to be done, not mine."

But it was God's glorious plan to send Jesus to live on Earth as a man, but then to have Him die for us. Jesus endured all of the pain and agony to set us free. Free from sin and death's grip. Today, I am in mourning but on Sunday, I will rejoice and thank God for His precious gift to us. If you get a chance, read Luke 22-24.

No comments: