Sunday, April 20, 2008

Peace

The morning of April 7th I woke to find myself very anxious. I decided to work out since we would be on a plane for 16 hours, so I used that time to pray. I asked God to give me a peace about the trip. In my head, I knew that I shouldn't feel this way. The entire trip had been orchestrated by God and it was only for two weeks. But, my heart felt differently.

Russ and I checked the mail before we left and in the mail we got the peace that we needed. Compassion had sent us an updated picture of Frank and a sweet letter from him. This letter had been postmarked months ago but for some reason, it didn't arrive until the day that we were leaving. Getting the letter and picture in the mail was the same as if God had audibly said "Fear not, I go before you. Now experience the peace that only I can give." We experienced his peace the entire 2 weeks we were in Ghana.

Philippians 4:6-7

"Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God's peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus."

Anna

No comments: