Tuesday, April 1, 2008

questions and excitement

You wait your entire life to do something and you are down to the moment of actually doing it ....and then the thoughts start rolling in. What am I doing, this is crazy, did God actually call me to do this, what if something happens, what if I don't learn anything from this, what am I even going for. With our departure date fast approaching, these are the thoughts that seem to hold of my mind. But, when I get really still, sink down in my brown chair with my Bible, and listen.. I hear the one true voice-- the only voice that matters. I hear things such as I have called you to go for two weeks, I go before you, just follow me, trust me, enjoy the excitement, this is the type of life required if you seek me- one full of adventure, be courageous, I will supply all of your needs.

So, 6 days from now we will be on a plane to Ghana. We are so thankful for the support that everyone has given us. We are blessed to have loving parents and families that tell us to go if that is what God is calling us to do. I know that they could have easily said "we don't want you to do this." While we would still follow what God has for us it is so much sweeter going with the support of our family and friends.

God has worked out every single aspect of this trip so far and He will continue to do so. But, I know that there will be tough times during this trip. My prayer now is that we will praise Him in those moments as much as we are praising Him now.

Here is a video from The Orchard's first trip to Ghana last summer. Watch and get a taste of where we will be.

No comments: