Thursday, November 19, 2009

Weekend of movies

I have been looking forward to this weekend for months now.  Going to the movies is one of my FAVORITE things to do....as long as popcorn is involved.  Just to set the record straight...I would never carry a huge purse full of diet coke and goobers in with me :) 

This weekend there are THREE movies that I cannot wait to see. AND they are even at the good theater.  That's right....Tupelo has two theaters. One is nasty, stinky and most importantly, makes bad popcorn,  yet it always gets the good movies.  Not this time Cinemark....:)

Tonight at midnight, I (along with thousands of girls ages 7 to 80) will be seeing New Moon. Last year Russ so graciously went to the midnight showing where he was the only man in the room :)  This year he will not be so lucky. 




Tomorrow night I will watching The Blind Side. I love that the movie is about Ole Miss (where we graduated) and adoption.  Now, I have not read the book but I am pretty sure the movie is not 100% accurate (just basing this on Sandra Bullock threatening 15 large men).  But, I am so excited to see this!!!  I saw the trailer the day we decided to adopt from Ethiopia. I was already emotional but it made me cry for the rest of the day.



And last, but certainly not least....the movie Precious.  Precious is about a 16 year old girl struggling to make it in this harsh world.  How could you not want to see a movie with such cinematic genius' as Mo'Nique, Lenny Kravitz, and Mariah Carey?? :)  I am really excited about this movie and am sure I will need to bring a box of Kleenex to this one as well.




Hope you all have a great weekend!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The blind side book is great... Definitely worth reading

Shawn said...

I'm a movie lover as well; these are also on my list. Hopefully I'll get out to see them soon.