Friday, March 11, 2011

Habakkuk

I have no words right now to describe the ache that is in my heart for my sweet baby girl. Many changes are being talked about for Ethiopian adoptions ...many of which we really do not know the extent of. For a few days I was glued to the Internet believing EVERYTHING I read. I now CHOOSE not to cling to every word that someone writes about what is going on in Ethiopia. I would love to hear positive news but right now things are in limbo. Right now God's answer to me is to not worry about what is possible for humans but REMEMBER what is possible for Him. These verses spoke to me:

“Look at the nations and watch— and be utterly amazed. For I am going to do something in your days that you would not believe,
even if you were told. " Habakkuk 1:5

"For the revelation awaits an appointed time; it speaks of the end and will not prove false. Though it linger, wait for it; it will certainly come and will not delay." Habakkuk 2:3

"LORD, I have heard of your fame; I stand in awe of your deeds, LORD. Repeat them in our day, in our time make them known;
in wrath remember mercy." Habakkuk 3:2

"Though the fig tree does not bud and there are no grapes on the vines, though the olive crop fails and the fields produce no food, though there are no sheep in the pen and no cattle in the stalls, yet I will rejoice in the LORD, I will be joyful in God my Savior. The Sovereign LORD is my strength; he makes my feet like the feet of a deer, he enables me to tread on the heights." Habakkuk 3:17-19

Hope you all have a great weekend.

3 comments:

Emily Ferris said...

Anna - I'm praying for you and your sweet girl. Thank you for your faithfulness. It truly inspires me - especially turning to the Word of God and not everything else you read. .... plus, your post makes me want to spend some serious time in Habakkuk! May He continue to do things we could never even ask or imagine.

The Page Team said...

Praying for peace for all of us, but especially you who have a name and a face. I can't even imagine! I love your post. My sweet, godly mom reminded me of some of those wonderful verses in Habakkuk just the other day. Let's arm up in prayer together.

Mollie
www.pagefamilyjourney.blogspot.com

Blake said...

Matt Chandler at The Village Church is doing a series on Habakkuk right now. He's 8 weeks into it and still in the 2nd chapter. I usually like his stuff.

http://TheVillageChurch.net

And praying for you and Russ and Lucy.