Saturday, August 30, 2008

Headed to China

I have always loved to travel but had never gotten a chance to travel internationally until April. It was during that trip that I got to go to Africa and Europe. Now I get the chance to go to Asia during October. I have never really been interested in going to China but about 2 months ago I began to feel a tugging on my heart. I can't really explain it but I began to read about China and how Christianity is on the rise. And then the opportunity presented itself. So I knew God wanted me to go.

I will be traveling with 7 other women to China October 25- November 3rd. We will be going through an organization called Follow One.

Follow One sees ministry in China strategic for these reasons.

* Most experts fully expect China to lead the world in economic, military and political power in the 21st century.

* This is a kairos moment in history. God has sovereignly decided to pour out His Spirit on China.

* China is uniquely positioned to influence North Korea, one of the darkest places on the planet.

* The Chinese Church sees itself as called and positioned to take the Gospel through the Muslim and Hindu world.

* Making an investment in the Church in China is an investment in the evangelization of the world.

I am so excited about this opportunity. I will update you closer to time about specifics on the trip. Please pray for the relationships that will be formed and the people that we will meet. Pray for the people that risk their lives daily to share Jesus. Also, pray for Russ and I since this will be the longest we have been away from each other since we've been married. The last one seems petty compared to the first two but I want to pray about everything that could keep me from focusing on sharing and learning.

Anna P.

No comments: