Sunday, September 12, 2010

Together For Adoption

Russ and I are sooooooo excited about going to the Together for Adoption conference Oct. 1 and 2 in Austin, TX.  Seriously....I don't think you know how excited we are.  There are some amazing speakers and break-out sessions....which I hope to learn a lot from.  But, I am equally excited about meeting other people that have or are adopting.  I have mentioned a couple of times on this blog about how it can sometimes be a little hard not knowing a lot of people that have adopted, especially choosing to adopt first.  Russ and I  cannot wait to meet other couples that have walked that same road and share our same passion ;)

God is providing us with people that share our same passion here in Tupelo as well.  2 weeks ago a group of girls got together for dinner at my house.  Each one is in the process of adopting.  2 domestically, 1 from South Korea, and 1 from Uganda.  It was an amazing night of hearing what had brought each of us to adoption and how God was doing miraculous things in each of our lives. I cannot wait to have our next night...hopefully with more people that are interested in adoption.

I am so thankful for these "connections" and how God is weaving our lives together :)

5 comments:

patrick and amy said...

I now know of 3 others that would like to join us in our adoption nights! 2 families are just showing interest in getting started and the other has a little girl from Guatemala... We need to plan another night soon! Have fun in Austin!

The Redman's said...

Ohh... I'll be in Austin too!!! :) SO excited! Maybe we'll both have our referrals by then!!

Alison said...

Oh, I wish that we were going to Austin too! I know it is going to be an awesome weekend! I heard about the North MS adoption "get together"!! I am so EXCITED!!! I love how God is moving families all over our state to adoption! It just makes me so happy! :)

Missy said...

I just saw that you are next on the FBI list and wondered how you were holding up!!! Soon! Soon!!

I will be in Austin too - we should try and meet up!

Wynne Elder said...

found your blog after the T4A conference. sad, wish we could have met! Have been reading back on your story and so excited you got your referral!!!! Will be praying for yall :) We are just starting the journey - sent in the info form to Gladney & waiting to hear from Judy to set up our orientation! so fun! can't wait to continue to follow along with yall! best of luck!