Saturday, February 26, 2011

Amsterdam

Hey Friends! I am going to try and re-cap our days in Ethiopia. I will do a post a day, sharing pics and entries from my journal for that day....sorry if this is boring...just want to have a record of our time :)

January 29, 2011

We spent a day in Amsterdam on our way to Addis Ababa. In my journal I had written these highlights of Amsterdam.

- Small hotel room- 2 twin beds pushed together
- frites with cheese ( Cheese sauce was NASTY)
-canal tour- being so sleepy I could barely keep my eyes open
- Rembrandt museum - prodigal son drawings
- scones and coffee at cafe
- going to lobby for Internet to email to let everyone know we had made it
- being so excited but so nervous about arriving in Ethiopia
- sitting in the oldest pub in Holland- with an overwhelming awareness of being gone- the unknown we were about to experience

CHEESE...... my favorite food!!!
Rembrandt Museum

We had a wonderful day and night in Amsterdam. But the entire time I was so aware of the fact that this was not a normal vacation. Our purpose was different. We would meet our daughter in 2 days. We didn't know how long we would be in Ethiopia. The details of our journey were unknown. We prayed for a miracle...that God would move our case quickly so that we could take placement of our daughter in Ethiopia.

****Happy 8th month anniversary to our sweet daughter. We never dreamed we would be apart from you when you turned this age but we will be together soon. We love you!!!

1 comment:

Just Julia said...

Hugs to you - praying you are with her soon!