Friday, June 15, 2012

Deuteronomy 28:12

Today, we are half-way through the month.  The past two weeks have flown by.  I get a little nervous when I hear that we are at Day 15 since we are not at $15,000.  In my brain I think that the amount of money we have raised should be the same as the day of the month we are on.  This logic is flawed and may not be at all how God wants this whole thing to work.  I have so many people say to me that it is just fine if we don't reach $30,000.  Which is so true.  No matter how much we raise, lives are being changed.  But to me, $30,000 was the number God gave me.  So I am filled with hope that He will make it happen.  I was telling a friend that I had no idea how much doing this would challenge my faith.  Ideally, God told me to do this so why didn't $30,000 come in the first week and then we could call it a day?  No idea.  I even told Russ last week that I just needed someone to give me $15,000 :)  His reply was that maybe I just needed a lot of people to give a little.  So, I am praying for a multitude of people to be a part of what is happening in Ethiopia. 

A friend sent this verse as a prayer for 30/30/30:

The LORD will open the heavens, the storehouse of his bounty, to send rain on your land in season and to bless all the work of your hands. You will lend to many nations but will borrow from none.

Deuteronomy 28:12

Lord, this is my prayer for your people for your glory.

Thanks so much for continuing to pray, share, and give.

No comments: